ASHCA Webinar: Automation and Mechanization in Tree Fruit Production.
Join us for this free webinar — ASHCA Safety Awards and Lightning Talks. August 12th at 2:00 EST. Click here to register!
New California Workplace Safety Standards for Nighttime Agricultural Workers
Click here to read Cressinda Schlag’s blog from JacksonLewis regarding the new regulation that took effect July 1st.
2020 County Committee Elections Nominations for local USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA) county committee elections began on June 15. Committee members are a critical component of the day-to-day operations of FSA. They help deliver FSA farm programs at the local level. Farmers who serve on committees help decide the kind of programs their counties will offer. They work to make FSA agricultural programs serve the needs of local producers. Click here for full details.
ASCHA recommends consulting the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) for public health information.
COVID-19 COMPLIMENTARY RESOURCES
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the U.S. Department of Labor on June 2 released joint interim guidance for agricultural workers and employers to assist in preventing the spread of COVID-19 and to help lower the disease’s impact at agricultural worksites.
The interim guidance is targeted for agriculture workers – individuals working at farms, ranches, and other production agriculture work sites – and their employers, but includes a variety of recommendations that may be applied and/or adapted to other types of agricultural operations.
The guidance addresses numerous topics, including:
- exposure risk among agriculture workers and employers;
- creating a COVID-19 assessment and control plan;
- screening and monitoring workers;
- managing sick workers and addressing return to work after exposure to COVID-19;
- cleaning, disinfection, and sanitation;
- administrative controls;
- personal protective equipment (PPE); and
- special considerations for shared housing, transportation and children.
Click the graphic above to view the webinar, click here to see the presentation slides.
- California Department of Food & Agriculture: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Employer & Front Line Supervisor Resources:
- NCFC COVID-19 Response & Updates
- Extension National COVID-19 Resources
- Zenith Insurance Co. COVID-19 Guidance for Ag Operations
- UC Davis Western Center for Ag Health & Safety has a host of resources and print resources in both English & Spanish. Click here to see their site.
- Thursday April 2, National Grain & Feed Association hosted a webinar on Grain, Feed, Processing and Export Industry Update on COVID-19. Click here to view the webinar.
- Thursday, March 26, California Farm Labor Contractor Association (CFLCA) will host an informative seminar to help employers understand and deal with special issues related to the COVID-19 outbreak, and impacts for ag employers and their employees. For information and registration, please go to: https://www.calflca.org/page-18370
- Migrant Clinicians Network: Agricultural employers and front-line supervisors will gain valuable tips for protecting their workforce now and preventing the future spread of infectious disease by viewing this archived video of a March 19th seminar. Medical personnel from Migrant Clinicians Network provide guiance on addressing migrant and seasonal workers’ hygiene, housing and transportation. In addition, they explain what to do if a worker shows signs of potential COVID-19. Click here to view the entire video.
- AgriSafe Learning Lab: What Ag Producers Need to Know About COVID19
- CDC: Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- DOL: COVID-19 and the Workplace and COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
- CDC COVID-19 Guidance Documents
- Resources for Businesses and Employers
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- Protecting Seafood Processing Workers from COVID-19
- Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Facility
- Cases of COVID-19 in the U.S.
OSHA’s primary resource is the COVID-19 Safety and Health Topics Page. This page is being updated routinely and we encourage you to review it frequently. General guidance released and housed on this page includes:
- Poster, now available in 13 languages: Ten Steps All Workplaces Can Take to Reduce Risk of Exposure to Coronavirus Poster
- Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19 (Spanish)
- Alert: Prevent Worker Exposure to Coronavirus (Spanish)
- Worker Exposure Risk to COVID-19 (Spanish)
- COVID-19 Hazard Recognition
- COVID-19 Control and Prevention
- NEW resources on wearing respirators:
- Video on Putting on and Taking off a Mask
- Seven Steps to Correctly Wear a Respirator at Work (Spanish)
Enforcement Memorandums: Eight (8) memorandums related to COVID-19 are in effect and intended to be time-limited to the current public health crisis:
- 04/24/2020– Enforcement Guidance on Decontamination of Filtering Facepiece Respirators in Healthcare During the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Pandemic
- 04/16/2020 – Discretion in Enforcement when Considering an Employer’s Good Faith Efforts During the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Pandemic
- 04/13/2020 – Interim Enforcement Response Plan for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) for handling COVID-19-related complaints, referrals, and severe illness reports
- 04/10/2020 – Enforcement Guidance for Recording Cases of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- 04/08/2020 – Expanded Temporary Enforcement Guidance on Respiratory Protection Fit-Testing for N95 Filtering Facepieces in All Industries During the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Pandemic
- 04/03/2020 – Enforcement Guidance for Use of Respiratory Protection Equipment Certified under Standards of Other Countries or Jurisdictions During the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Pandemic
- 04/03/2020 – Enforcement Guidance for Respiratory Protection and the N95 Shortage Due to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Pandemic – [1910.134 App B-1]
- 03/14/2020 – Temporary Enforcement Guidance – Healthcare Respiratory Protection Annual Fit-Testing for N95 Filtering Facepieces During the COVID-19 Outbreak
Department of Homeland Security:
- Situation Report
- Guidance on identifying essential & critical infrastructure workers
- FEMA Coronavirus Rumor Control
U.S. Department of Agriculture:
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration:
Occupational Safety & Health Administration:
- Prevent Worker Exposure to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
- CAL/OSHA Safety & Health Guidance, COVID-19 Infection Prevention for Ag Employers & Employees
Food and Drug Administration:
- Guidance for Industry: Temporary Policy Regarding Preventive Controls and FSVP Food Supplier Verification Onsite Audit Requirements During the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: FDA Issues Temporary Policy for FSMA Onsite Audit Requirements
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Frequently Asked Questions